Find out how your Bethlehem, Macungie and Quakertown podiatrists can help you with your heel pain
The podiatrists at Diamond Podiatry & Podiatry Associates of the Lehigh Valley in Bethlehem, Macungie and Quakertown, PA, have years of experience and knowledge of how to examine your feet, prescribe the proper course of treatment and resolving issues and problems like heel pain.
Heel and Causes of Pain
The plantar fascia, a connective tissue that extends from the heel bone, across the arch and to the toes, becomes irritated or inflamed, which is when people start to feel pain.
This happens when:
- The foot rolls inward excessively while walking
- The foot subsequently flattens, lengthening the arch, and puts adding tension on the connective tissue
- With time, inflammation occurs
Other causes of heel pain include:
- Heel spurs, a growth on the bone that may be painless in many cases but may also result in chronic pain.
- Arthritis, which is swelling of cartilage and lining in joints.
- Gout, which is the buildup of uric acid salts, a normal byproduct of the diet, in the joints.
There are also other disorders and issues including, collagen disorders, nerve injuries, heel bone abnormalities and tumors.
Caring for heel pain
Here are a few noninvasive options to consider.
- Wear comfortable shoes made of soft rubber.
- Avoid rigorous sports and exercises.
- Stretch your feet out daily.
If all else fails, there's the option of getting a surgical treatment that'll eliminate heel pain and remove connective tissue and heel spurs.
For more information regarding your heel pain, contact the podiatrists of Diamond Podiatry & Podiatry Associates of the Lehigh Valley. Their office is conveniently located in three locations: Bethlehem, Macungie and Quakertown, PA.
Just call at the most convenient location to you:
Bethlehem: (610) 865-0311
Macungie: (610) 865-0311
Quakertown: (215) 529-5222